Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where I currently stand in poker

I've been playing poker for about 3-4 years as a hobby. I did not take it seriously until March of 2010. I studied and played often. Quickly I became a winning player and am taking baby steps to get to the top. I've learned a lot over the past 6 months in terms of bankroll management and only playing when I feel I can play my A-game. As I stated in my intro, I am currently staked. Became a member of PTP (Parttimepoker.com) and was fortunate enough to accept a staking opportunity. The rules/terms of my stake are as follows:
*Stake Amount: $1600.00
*My staker and I split winnings 50/50 at end of period
*May only play heads-up sit-and-go's ranging from $31.50/$52.50/$105 buyins
*May only play a certain stake if my bankroll supports 30 buyins. For example if my bankroll is $1600, I am able to play $52.50 matches unless my bankroll reaches below $1575 (30*$52.50 = 1575). In this case I would play $31.50 matches until I accumulate a bankroll to continually play $52.50 and eventually $105 matches (in which I would need a $3150 bankroll).
*I must report my daily profit/loss at PTP in my rail thread in the forums.

I have been staked only one other time which was in August. Initial stake amount was $900 and generated both me and my staker a $947.89 profit, each. I am VERY confident in my game at this point in my "career". I am at a stage right now where I am building a bankroll of my own, and eventually 100% of profits will be mine (hopefully within a month). I will be posting weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly results of my bankroll progress on here so you all can keep up with where I am at. Right now, I've been playing for a week, took a $400 downswing and am right about even as of now. Hopefully I can pull a nice $500+ profit this week. That's my goal!!! Below is a picture of my "Hand of the Day". I'll occasionally post some interesting hands or pictures of whatever is on my mind. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment